Bryan's little sister turns 9 today and Saturday she had a big party. We drove down to West Palm, 2 hours, Wednesday to spend a few days there before the party. I was able to spend some time with my mom. She took the girls to Build-a-Bear for Maddie and Chloe's birthdays. They had a blast. for a few days, Maddie kept saying she didnt feel good, she had no fever, or any symptoms, just didnt feel good. Thursday, we were at the house, and she was fine one minute and the next, she was burning up. I took her temp, 103.8....dinner was in the oven, I could not leave the house till my mom-in-law got home. I called her doc back home to try to find out what to do. We dont have insurance, so any way to get around taking her to a doctor away from home, I will try....they didnt answer the phone. Her doc sold her practice and is now at the health dept. and that is where we take the kids now. the only thing, they dont care about kids the way a real office would....so, I couldnt get an answer. I gave her motrin, she felt better. I thought it may be an ear infection again, and if that was the case, I could load her up on motrin till we got home and take her in today. Then, Friday, she woke up and said her mouth hurt. I looked and just saw red, her mouth is so tiny. I tried the docs again to see if they would call in an antibiotic for her. No luck, no answer. After a few hours of phone calls, talking to my mom....the doctor she works for just said he would call one in for us!!! Thinking she had strep...we gave her the meds, no other choice at this point. I hate self medicating....but, there was nothing else to do. Sat we went to build-a-bear again for Bryan's sisters birthday party. They had so much fun....we left to go home....Maddie's temp shot up to almost 104 again....got home 2 hours later....she was covered in hives. She was scratching and had huge bumps all over. I gave her more motrin, more antibiotics and put her to bed. Woke up yesterday, her mouth still hurts, still has a fever, no more hives....after being on meds for 2 days, looks like it isnt strep but a virus. She had this last year and her mouth was covered in ulcers...her doc told me that there was nothing to do but ride it out......looks like we have to do the same here. She didnt have a fever this morning, but her mouth still has huge sores all over. She keeps asking for the purple medicine!!
Mothers Day....I have a wonderful husband who works hard, but when it comes to doing things, he is not very thoughtful. He loves me to death, I love him, I have just over the past 7 years come to not expect anything big for holidays. And thats fine. My past mothers days have been just aweful, so no big expectations this year. I woke up yesterday and he got out of bed to get Chloe....a huge deal! When I rolled out of bed at 7, he was in the kitchen, making cinnamon rolls...well, taking them out of the can!!! He made eggs and sausage too! Wow....I was so impressed! I did have to clean up from breakfast, but at least I didnt make it! We went to church, I left before sunday school starte cause Maddie's fever spiked again. Put her down for a nap....when Bryan came home, he got in the kitchen and made dinner (our church starts at 1pm and sunday school is over at 4)...he made taco salads for dinner. Once again, I had to clean up, but I at least didnt make dinner!!! He even made guacamole...my favorite and he hats it!!! Its a start!
I took a pic of Maddison when she fell asleep on the couch yesterday. She looked so sad with her fever....
1 comment:
sorry for the sickness, but that is about the sweetest picture EVER!
Take care!!
Post a Comment