We have been blessed to be able to go to Longboat Key for 25 years now. My grandmother has a condo right on the beach. Last week, my sister and her family came down from rainy Washington and we all stayed at my grandmothers place for the week. Since our children have been born, we have never spent that much time together. And, the last two times I have seen my sister have been for family funerals, so this was a wonderful event. As the years have gone by, I have cherished my relationship with my sister even more. As a kid, we were friends, but then as we got into HS/college and beyond, I feel like our differences had kept us apart. But now, that is what draws me to her. The fact that we are so different, yet we are still best friends. I miss her dearly and wish more than anything that we could be closer. How wonderful it would be to just hang out when our kids are driving us nuts!
Anyway, back to the beach. We had a wonderful time. Great food, kids played so we could catch up, beach-turned-catwalk walks, Yahtzee, workout turned to tv-watching nights, Clue (note to self, never play Clue with 5 players. You will never finish the game) saunas, hot tubs that were cold, Facebooking...and much much more. I believe all the laughter and good times made an impact. The day we left, the condo sold, after being on the market since my grandfather passed away over a year ago. It is a sad thing to say goodbye to, but a great healing step for my grandmother.
And now, enjoy just few of the hundred photos taken!
All the kids in their tubes!
Mom, Lisa and I
Can't go to the beach without hitting up Big Olaf!
Sleepy morning
Lisa and I


Mom, Lisa and I
Can't go to the beach without hitting up Big Olaf!
Sleepy morning
Lisa and I


No comments:
Post a Comment