Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reid was bored

I've skipped out on some posting. The usual, Halloween, Christmas, birthdays. Fill in later.
I guess Reid was getting bored and needed some action. Saturday afternoon he and the girls were playing when I heard a thud, small cry, and Maddie said he fell. So, he walked up to me on tears with his hand on his head. Thinking I'm going to see a big egg, he pulled his hand off and blood came gushing out. Head wounds bleed. A lot. And thus was no exception. Of all his head hits this was the worst. The split itself wasn't big, thankfully. He had hit it on the brick fireplace.
So, I cleaned him, and I, up, put a compress on it and he was off saying "it feels better". After several hours of dripping down his face I decided I should look closely. We cleaned it good, and it was deep, and wide open. So, off to the ER we went. I would have glued it myself but being on the face I didn't want to do a bad job and have it scar too bad. He did amazing. The cleaned and cleaned it, and he just said it didn't hurt. He sat so still and everyone was so impressed. I'm glad he is used to ER's and drs, makes it easier in me. He's all boy, keeps me on my toes, and I love it.

No comments: