"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
We are here
We are in the house. I sure hope this is the last move! The house is good, like I said before, it has potential. Easy to add on to. After moving, we realized the girls rooms are huge. They have twice the room than before. It is so nice. We are lacking storage space, bathroom space and there is no pantry. Bryan went out and bought a cabinet thing to put in our laundry room till we can afford to redo the kitchen and do a pantry. After moving, we realized also that there is only one phone jack that works, the bedrooms and office ones dont work. I was getting ready for church Sunday and the outlets in the bathrooms dont work and there are just a few that work in the whole house. Taking a shower...well, it has to be done in the girls bathroom, ours leaks, and you have to crouch down to get the water on your head. Dad, dont come visit till we take care of this!!! And, showers are limited to 3 minutes if you want it warm...luke warm. I tried to do laundry, they hookups for the washer are broken!! Man, I am glad we are renting for now! The plumbers come tomorrow, electricians some time next week. I have a feeling the whole house needs to be re-wired. But, the owner pays for it all!!!! The only thing we have to pay for is remodeling. The kids love it, except for the bugs.
Cant wait to see my sister next week. It has been 2 long years!!!
We are waiting on a few more things for the girls rooms and I will do pictures when they are done. Hope everyone is doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it sounds like a work in progress. makes me nervous about what is ahead for us. i really like our current house and haven't been able to find anything quite as big that i like as much as this one (not to mention the mortgage will be SO much bigger). hope things will be running more smoothly soon. enjoy your time with lisa and give her a squeeze for me. love you!
Post a Comment