"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Monday, July 23, 2007
Our quick trip
Bryan surprised me for my birthday and took me to the Keys over the weekend. I have never been there so we dropped the kids off at my moms on the way and went Friday and came home Sunday. I was told by several people that Key West was just a big party place and if you dont drink (which we dont) there is nothing to do, so I really didnt want to go. We drove there anyway. On the way, it was gorgeous. All the untouch swamp lands. What the REAL Florida looks like. It was nice. We got to Key West and checked in our hotel...gorgeous...and went out to eat. We walked around Duval St. and made fun of the drunks then went back to the hotel and to bed. It was late. When we woke up, I had the feeling that the bed was soooo comfy and I wanted to stay, but there was so much to do and see, so we got up and went out for breakfast. Not the greatest! Waffle house....ants on the table, little kid behind me knocking me in the head and coughing all over....but not a big deal! We explored in the morning. We went to Fort Zachary Taylor and saw all the old Civil War stuff.....it was really neat. All the history that went with it...pretty cool. There was a beach there that we went snorkeling at and played in the water. Then we left and explored some other keys. We went to lots of parks and marinas. It was busy because lobster mini season is this week. We found a little campsite/marina and they had a site left that was right on the water. We decided to camp out that night. So wonderful. It did storm for a few hours, but it was great. We woke up to find a little Key Deer outside of our tent. The rest of the morning was spent exploring more Keys on the way home. It was nice and relaxing. Missed the girls but good to be away just the 2 of us. I am going to attempt pictures here....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nea that sounds so fun. I never got around to go to the Keys when I was in Florida so I guess I'll have to come back! :) Miss you! Happy Birthday late!
Post a Comment