"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Wonderful kids
There are days that I hear about other peoples kids and husbands and how wonderful they are and helpful...and I think, why isnt my family like that...well, this past weekend really showed me...
Saturday was lazy day. Bryan worked around the house and outside, finishing our bathroom and building a bench by our old oak tree. The girls and I just hung around. That night, Bryan was going to take Hana to the video store, he wanted to get Narnia...and then to pick up pizza. Maddison, usually being a mommies girl and not wanting to leave me, wanted to go too! So, they left. A little while later, they came home and Bryan said "your girls are amazing". Usually he is telling me that I dont discipline them enough, they are spoiled, all that. So, when they were at the video store, Hana saw "Bridge to Terabithia" and asked for it. Bryan said "they dont have it" ...."I saw it right over here, daddy"..."no, that one is to buy, you cant rent that"..."Oh, OK"...he said it melted his heart that she didnt ask for it. So, he bought it. I told him that when we go to the store, I never just buy toys for them or whatever, so when they see something they like, they dont just expect to ask and get it. He was very happy!!
Sunday, I woke up with a terrible migrane and was in the bathroom with my head in the toilet most of the morning. Usually if I try to stay in bed for more than 5 minutes, someone is in there calling me, wanting me to get breakfast, not daddy, so it never works. No one came in. They all knew I was sick and were so good. I heard Hana tell Maddie that the end of the movie last night was sooooo good, she would love it! A little while later, I heard something about a diaper. Not paying attention, Bryan came in and told me what happened. I guess Chloe had a dirty diaper....Maddison took it off, wiped her clean...had dirty wipes all over the room and could not find a diaper to put on her. I later asked to why she would do that....she said simply, she was trying to help out. Never again will I question my children and wonder why they dont help out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment