Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Don't blink...you might miss it

That is how I feel lately. If I blink, my children will be teenagers. Every time I turn around, another tooth is lost, milestones have been met, children are being baptized...they are growing too fast and I am afraid of it passing and me missing something.
                                          
Hana just turned 9. What? How? She has become such a sweet little girl. She is so concious of how she treats people (except her sisters). She is doing amazing in school. She loves to help out with Reid. She loves to read her books. A little bookworm, we have here!

Maddison is 5 months away from being 8...which means another little girl being baptized. This year school has gotten so much better for her. She no longer screams and cries when its time to leave. She comes home happy, for the most part. And, as far as it goes with Reid...they truely are the epitomy of kindred spirits. Everything from little things like them having the same skull problems as a child and both being hospitalized twice, to the way they act around each other and even their personalities. They have this special little bond and it is one of the neatest things I have ever seen. If Reid gets hurt, only Maddison can fix it. If he is tired, only Maddison's lap is the right one. I dont know what it is, but they connect like no other. And I love watching them!

Chloe. Well, what can I say. She is one of a kind. Still cries about 5 times a day. Still sucks her thumb. Still knows she was the baby for 4 years and tries to use that to her advantage. My high maintenance child. But, she is doing great in school. She loves it and has made a lot of friends, which I was a little worried about, to be honest. She still loves to cuddle anytime. And, as she has done since the day she could talk, still comes up to you out of the clear blue just to tell you she loves you. I can be on one side of the house and hear her scream at me just to tell me. Or, I'll be outside with Copper only to find her running out in the driveway just to say "I love you". There have been times she has even woken me up in the middle of the night!

And Reid. Can't sit still. Dont bother going to a store with him. Hates sitting in shopping carts. Thinks running through the isle and hiding from me is funny. OBSESSED with trucks. Completely. Daddy's, in particular. And, a daddy's boy he is. He talks more and more every day. Things keep popping out of his mouth that surprise me every day. And, lately, if he needs something, he screams for me "Munny!" I love this kid to peices and 18 months is truely the perfect age. Learning, exploring, showing off, playing with his sisters. I could go on and on!




So, now that I have written down a little bit, maybe I wont completely forget! I am just cherishing these moments. These truely are the best days.

No comments: