I guess Reid was thinking life wasn't exciting enough for us and not enough attention was on him. First, let me explain that he is a BOY. All boy. Never did any of the girls EVER try anything tricky in the least bit. But, he has been climbing things before he could walk. So, we always keep an eye on him, or try to. He was in the playroom with the girls the other night while I was cleaning up from dinner when I heard a crash...and then screams. I quickly went to see what happened. All that we know was it involved the high windowsill in the back room, a chair, and a kids tool/work bench. Thats all. I thought he just hurt his hand, so we sat on the couch and cuddled for a while. No crying, just telling me it hurts. About 5 minutes went by when I looked and saw his face. A huge line across his eye that was swelling quickly. We watched him, he didn't sleep at all (can you imagine having your face hurt and throb all night?) but the morning came and although it was swollen almost shut, he seemed fine. I called the doctor and they told me to bring him in. While there, the pediatrician said get him to the ER immediately. If there is a fracture, we can not waste time. So, off we went for a CT scan and observation for about 5 hours. The results were a severe bruise on his bone and a tiny litte size of a peice of sand fracture. No bones out of place, no fragments, no pressure or bleeding. So, we were able to go home with just a black eye. He is fine...normal...running around like nothing happened. Sad thing is, I'm starting to get used to this....
Shortly after it happened...(Bryan had the camera, so my phone pics didn't show that much)
Last night in the ER...he was so ready to go home....
This morning...swelling gone down but some cool colors going on!



No comments:
Post a Comment