Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Disney Race Weekend


In January I had the privilege of running the Disney 5k. I was going to do the 1/2 marathon, but had some health issues and was advised not to.I had just been diagnosed with Celiac and my body was a little distressed. But, I got to run the 5k with Reid! I ran in honor of my cousin Zachary and in memory of his brother Jeremy, both who have/had Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy. I ran with a group call Run for our Sons, who supports those affected by MD. It was amazing. Just running in a race is great, but running for someone gives you an even greater push to get it done. It was a very emotional time. I ended up finishing 32 minutes pushing a stroller. The pictures below are a little out of order....Reid fell asleep 4 minutes before the start. I guess getting up at 3am was a little tiring. 

The finish
 Sunrise over Epcot
 Mile 2...traffic jam at all the photo ops...and no, this is not my time, I started last, about 30 minutes after the first runner left.
 The starting line



 Other Run for our Sons runners




 I need these running shoes!

 Dad and Mark came in for the race weekend. Mark ran the 1/2 marathon. I can not wait until next year to run the 5k and 1/2 with him! We had a blast goofy golfing. Reid was a natural!





No comments: