Sunday, December 10, 2006

What a sight

Since I am not a native Floridian, I have never seen a night launch. Bryan on the other hand, has. In fact, when he was a kid, his parents took him to the Cape to see it over there. Anyway, I had no clue what to expect. I thought that from over here, we would just see a light go up in the air. During the day when a shuttle goes up, we see it, so I thought it would be like that. Well, we went out back with the kids by the lake and waited. All of a sudden, the sky just lit up. It was beautiful, and the shuttle was still not visible, it was behind the trees. But the sky was just so majestic looking, at almost 9pm. The shuttle went up over the trees and it was like a huge fireball in the sky. The girls thought it was so cool. Of course, I was not expecting much, so I didnt bring my camera. It would have been a great picture if I did!! On to what is going on with us. Christmas...still have not gone shopping. The girls gifts are done...but no one else!! Will do this week. They all had colds about a week ago, got better for no more than 4 days, then got sick again. So, I am at home right now with Hana and Maddie while Bryan went to church with Chloe. She was so excited to ride in daddys big truck!!! Tonight we have dinner at a friends house. Tis the season for parties. In fact, last night was the Christmas dinner for church. I guess they didnt expect too many people to come so when we got there, there were 8 tables of 8 set up, all filled, and about 40 more people standing around to eat. Not enough food at all...but the girls had fun with their friends and we got to talk to some of ours before we left. The night before, which would be Friday, we went out for dinner and then to the town of Celebration to see snow. I thought it was going to be a real snow machine with icy snow the kids could see, but it was machines that shot out foam. You would look in the sky and it would look like it was really snowing, then a bubble would hit you in the eye and leave it stinging!! Kids had fun and we actually had our picture taken, all 5 of us, and it turned out! We are going to use it for Christmas cards, if I get my butt moving! Ahhhh, Hana's birthday...I knew I forgot something. Ok, short version...my 2 girls (Chloe was sleeping) plus three 4 and 5 year olds, and a 2year old, all sleeping over, with a puppy in the mix and a husband who worked his butt off all week and fell asleep before dinner was over....6:30am wake up...wild puppy with husband gone helping friends move....kids with little sleep...mom with even less sleep....girls who get into more things than puppy...and when did "pick up your kids between 9 and 10" turn into "pick them up at 11"....so, Hana had fun, which was all that mattered. Next time, I am demanding the husband doesnt work for 2 days so I get help...that is if there is a next time.... Oh, after the party, Maddie locked us all, including the puppy, out of the house. Bryan was at work, in the lake, with no phone...after a couple hours, I broke in through a window. Kinda scary...how easy it is to brake in our house...good thing I did...he didnt come home till almost 8pm...I broke in at 4.... Ok, hope you got through this long blog without boredom. Still trying to figure out why pictures wont post on here....

No comments: