"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
The quick story
I can not believe the year is almost over. We had a good Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we went to church in the morning which was the same old thing...us having to take turns out in the hall with one of the girls because Maddie and Chloe fight during church every time!! When we got home, mom and Mike came over, the girls opened their gifts from them...each got an American girl doll and a few extra things. Not too many gifts, thanks mom...I started to cook...green bean casserole, cheesy potato casserole, corn pudding, jello salad....Diana, Neil, Sydnie and Cody came and brought the turkey, and Ben and his girlfriend came...oh yeah, our dog and thiers...not a good mix...anyway, food was good when I finally ate....way too many gifts but every one was enjoyed. I got the greatest cordless electric broom...love it!!! As far as gifts between Bryan and I, we agreed this year not to do anything. So, I stuck to it and got him a huge bag of peanut m&m's and the new Pirates of the Carribbean movie...he gave me my gift...a purse from Rip Curl...so cute. But then he told me what was inside the purse was even better. I looked and he bought me an IPOD!!! I guess he was tired of me using his MP3 player that he got for Christmas last year. I was shocked!! We didnt go overboard with the kids gifts either. Christmas morning, they woke up and opened their gifts...each got a movie, a book, and activity or craft, and rain boots. That was it, and it was great. We had breakfast, french toast casserole, Melicks left, and then it was just us. We did gifts from family far away, enjoyed the day together, lost our power, and went to see "Charlottes Web". Such a cute movie! Today, Bryan and Hana left till Sat. to go see his grandparents...Maddie and Chloe and I spent the day shopping...I got my new vacuum...love it...and now Maddie just fell asleep after throwing up a couple times...at least she is asleep now. I think I am going to go and make a cpk pizza...mmmmm.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment