"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Monday, January 29, 2007
What is a day in our life really like?
Ok, so since it is called "A day in the life of the Melicks" maybe I should tell you what our days usually consist of. Usually starts at about 6:30, I get up to shower and get myself together a litte bit. Let the dog out, feed him. By 7ish, Maddie wakes up, get her breakfast, Hana usually follows at 7:30, or today was 8:30, and I get her breakfast. Chloe rolls out of bed at 8, I get her breakfast, after I change her soaked diaper and clothes. By this time, Bryan has usually gone to work. I clean up the kitchen, put the dog in his cage and by 9, we are all upstairs. This is the time for me to do laundry, make the beds, get the girls dressed, and clean whatever needs to be cleaned, and check my email. If I have errands to run, which we keep to once or twice a week, we do it at this time so that we are home by lunch!! Between 11 and 12 we go downstairs, whenever Bubba starts to bark, and let him out. I make lunch, and put Chloe to bed. Sometimes she sleeps other times she just plays. When she is ready to get up, we go to the dog park and let Bubba run around for about 1 1/2 hours while the girls play on the playground. When we get home, it is snack time and maybe time for Chloe to take another nap, depending on how long the first one was. Time for me to get dinner started. The girls usually go upstairs to play while I get dinner ready. Dinner at 5:30, Bryan rolls in anytime between 4 and 7...no set time! Chloe goes to bed between 6 and 6:30. I take Bubba for a 2 mile walk/run. If it is Monday, we have family home evening, which includes a scripture story and activity, like a game or making cookies or whatever the girls want, as long as it is as a family. Tuesday nights, Bryan plays basketball, Wed, we are usually all home, Thursday's I usually have a meeting or girls night out with my friends or whatever I want to do, Friday is date night, and saturday is family day/night!!! Going out on the boat, Seaworld, just time together out as a family!! The girls go to bed about 8, I go downstairs and clean up from dinner, go upstairs to fold all the laundry I did earlier, and go back downstairs to clean the rest of the house. Get to bed around 10:30 or 11. Thats about it!!! Exciting huh? Now you know what a day in the life of the Melicks is like....some adjustments...like craft time with the girls if dinner is an easy one, library days, and so on, but this is it for the most part!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
okay--i am exhausted just reading this--and you wonder why you are tired?!
Post a Comment