"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Deep breaths
Take a deep breath. Have you ever been startled by something and it takes a while to get back to normal? Your whole body shakes, you cant breath? That is how I feel right now. Take a deep breath. I was just cleaning my home and there was a knock at the door. I opened it and there was a female sheriff standing there. All the horrid thoughts ran through my mind. They are coming to tell me something happened at school. They are telling me Bryan didnt make it to work. What is going on? I was freaking out. She said "Hi"...."yes, can I help you?" Meanwhile, not knowing what was about to come out of her mouth. She took her clipboard thing she had in her hand and said those words..."I am looking for the wife of ..." and then she said it...his name...and I didnt know who it was. Deep breath. All the air felt like it was sucked out of me. She could tell I was freaked out. She told me sorry. I could tell it was something bad, and she had to go do this to another family now. I told her, I dont know that name and have never heard it before. She said, thats fine, she has another address to go check out. Man, what a horrible job to have to do. So, now that I am breathing a little bettter, and not shaking anymore, I think I am going to go call my loved one and tell him I love him. Makes you a little more thankful than before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment