I have a fondness for all things vingtage, or vintage inspired...jewelry, clothing, furniture....I welcome it all. My problem...my life as a stay at home mom of 3 has a budget that does not let me indulge in this fondness. So I dream. I dream of having a beautiful little girls room done up in glorious furniture with pictures all around....I sometimes put on my apron in the kitchen and dream I am back at my great-grandmothers home (where I believe this fondness first came about) eating gumdrops from her crystal dish. One day I will indulge in these daydreams and have a glorious time doing it. Meanwhile, its window shopping, or ebay shopping, for me. I did recieve a beautiful gift yesterday from my father, though. Every year, he has a tradition of giving us an ornament...the official White House Ornament (he lives near the capitol). Every year I anticipate the arrival of the new ornament. So, when it came yesterday, I was so pleased to see that it was a picture of the first White House wedding...Grover Cleveland. The White House must have known that I needed a little vintage touch to my tree this year...so thank you Dad...and thank you White House!
No comments:
Post a Comment