When Bryan mentioned to me last week that some families were going camping, I have to admit that my first reaction was not one of excitement. Personally, if we are going to spend a night away from home, I would rather go to some hotel or Grandma's condo on the beach....not camping. I guess since I had never really been before, I just had bad expectations. But, things started looking up when I was preparing for the trip and Bryan told me not to worry about anything, he would take care of it all. Groceries, gear, everything. All I had to do was get the girls things together. I like the sound of that!!
And that is how it went. The kids were occupied the whole time with their friends, the men cooked every meal. Bryan set up the tents and I didnt have to do anything...not even wash the dishes after we ate! (He cooked us steaks and snow crab claws...how is that for camping food?) The only thing I really did was make s'mores. Rough, I know! This was Chloe's spot for the evening. Right in front of the fire!

One couple was there who dont have children at home anymore, so they brought their toy instead...They gave the kids rides all day and all night...it kept them entertained for hours!
The men cooking dinner...they even made a bunch of cobblers for dessert. 


Saturday, the boys brought out thier toys. Bryan got the tiniest little pistol I have ever seen. We were sitting there making fun of it, saying if he ever pulled that out on someone, they would just laugh at him...until he shot it and it shut us up...that thing was loud. I even tried to shoot it and my ears were ringing for ever. Thats the last time I ever make fun of a pistol again!
We all said how we wished we had been able to do it for a few more days. It ended up being a lot more relaxing than I expected!
1 comment:
I LOVE Chloe's boots. That picture totally captures her essence. :o) Looks like y'all had fun.
Post a Comment