Monday, March 30, 2009

Longboat Key

Well, its that time of year again that the family goes to Long Boat Key. 24th year, now. And, maybe the last. Since my grandfather has passed, my grandma is selling the condo and has no desire to go anymore...understandable. So, we all went for one last time. It was bitter-sweet. I had a blast with the girls swimming and playing in the sand, yet it was sad to have to watch my grandma go through my grandfather's belongings and get rid of all the things they once shared. We went to some of our favorite restaurants and went shopping down in St Armands Circle. I took a ton of pictures....here are just a handful. Hana and Maddison spent the majority of their time in the pool. It was nice because they were the only kids there and they had the whole thing to themselves! You can't go to the beach and not get buried!And, you can't go to St Armand's and not go get some Big Olaf's ice cream. I did the same thing when I was there age.I LOVE this picture of Hana with Grandma.One night before dinner, we were waiting for everyone and the girls took a ton of pictures. Here are just a few....On the balcony waiting for the sun to set I love this last picture. It is a statue in the park as you are leaving the Key. It always reminds me of my grandparents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures!!! And what wonderful memories!!! Yes, bittersweet, but so glad you were there to bring some sunshine to Grandma----
Gamma Nutsy

Anonymous said...

Hana is such a mini-Nea! :) Great pictures!