Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring is here

Which means babies all around (animals, that is)
First, we HAD 12 little barred rock chicks. They WERE so beautiful. The girls LOVED holding them. And they actually let them.
All this in the past tense. I put them in the coop and went out one morning to find them GONE. I thought maybe they got out somewhere, but there was no sign of them. We had problems with this pesky fox before, getting all but one hen. He dug a hole under the coop and got every last one of them...all in one night. I realized this after I looked down and found myself standing on one of the heads.
Next up, we got some ducks. 4. 1 for each child. I had ducks when I was a little girl so we thought it would be fun for the girls. They WERE so cute and so little. Once again, the girls LOVED playing with them and holding them.
Until one night, I forgot to put them away. I woke up in a panick knowing what had happened.
At least there was one left!

No comments: