Friday, May 07, 2010

Oh my dear Chloe

I just had to write this down so that I will remember it when she is older.
Chloe is a rough one. She cries. A lot.
She was born crying and has not stopped since.
So, when the times come when she is not crying, I make note of it to keep me sane.
Last night was one of those times.
First, at dinner, this was our conversation. It all started because she was hanging upside-down in her chair, andI am trying to teach some kind of table manners, whatever those are.
"Chloe, please sit up in your chair."
Chloe, "No, YOU sit up in your chair"
me "Chloe, please dont talk back to me."
Chloe "No, YOU dont talk back" followed by 5 very large, and impressive for her age, belches.
me "Chloe, that was rude. Please say excuse me."
Chloe "No, YOU was rude. THAT was awesome."
Needless to say, I had to leave the room so she wouldn't see me laughing.
Later on that night the girls were playing and I hear her singing "I'm a little teapot". Only thing was that her version went like this....
"I'm a little teapot short and FAT
here is my handle, here is my FAT
When I get all steamed up I get FAT
so tip me over because I am FAT"

No comments: