I am so glad that every year, the school makes a big deal about mother's day. Because, we know that with young children, it does not get recognized very well at home.

And, this year, I got the chance to go to THREE of them! Lucky me!
First, we started with Chloe. Interestingly enough, that morning, she BEGGED to wear this dress that was hanging in the back of her closet. It just so happens that it was MY dress when I was 4!
Chloe is a shy one at school. Performances, she cries. Picture days, she cries. So, I was NOT expecting a happy Chloe at the party. I was SHOCKED to walk in the class and see her up front AND she sang her little heart out!
We had treats, lots of lemonade, and shed some tears for my baby girl. She has been BLESSED with the most amazing teachers this year and I am a little sad that it is coming to an end!
Maddison was next. And, a girl who again, cried for pictures in pre-k, cried in performances, and cried at pre-k grad...she was front and center in her 1st grade performance saying her "part".
More treats and goodies to eat.

Maddison and her 2 best friends. These girls get into all sorts of shenanigans!
And then Hana. Of course, hers was at the END of the day. After PE. After Recess. A whole class full of ragamuffin stinky 2nd graders! But it was fun. We played some games, like "Guess which picture is you" where the students drew pictures of their moms and we had to guess which one was us! Singing, poems, and lemonade! And, another realization that my little girl is growing up.
So, another Mother's day. Another day that I am so thankful to have been blessed with 4 great kids. And, to have been blessed with a wonderful mother, myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment