After a stay at Port d'Hiver (a fabulous bed and breakfast on the beach in Melbourne) a couple years ago, Bryan and I keep talking about going back, but the timing has never been right. With 4 kids and a husband who works non-stop, getting away is always easier said than done. We usually try to get away during the summer for my birthday and this year, we decided to go back to Port d'Hiver. Made some plans. And then, they had this fabulous contest on Facebook, that I am sure all of my readers contributed to. Basically, I had to post a picture from my stay, and if my picture got the most "likes" I won a free night in June. Perfect! And, thanks to all of my wonderful friends, and people I didn't even know, we won! (side note, the girl who came in 2nd also received a night!)
So, off we went. We left the kids with my mom, (I always know they are in safe hands with her) and we were both ready for some time alone. Its been a while since it has been just us two and we forget how much we enjoy each others company. I'm glad its not the other way around. We shopped, went to the beach, had meals that were uninterrupted...I got to eat without feeding 4 others first! The breakfast was amazing. The room was perfect. (They even had my favorite music playing in our room every time we came in!) The company was even better. Both of us looked at each other Sunday and said we didn't want to leave. So, plans are to go back next month for my birthday...fingers crossed!
We didn't take many pictures...mostly just the room. Thank you Bryan for a wonderful weekend. Any time with you is always amazing.
I loved that the ceiling was painted blue...very relaxing.
The bathroom had to be the same size as the room...complete with "sitting area" with chair and tv...Bryan's favorite of course!

I loved that the ceiling was painted blue...very relaxing.
The bathroom had to be the same size as the room...complete with "sitting area" with chair and tv...Bryan's favorite of course!

1 comment:
I am officially jealous that you got to stay in a ROOM that appears larger than my house! Glad you had a good time! :D
Post a Comment