Monday, September 18, 2006

Our 2nd honeymoon!

I know some of you may read this and think, why am I writing all of this...well, its more for me than anyone else. I just want to get it all down before I forget and I want to be able to look back and remember this trip for years to come. So, here it goes! It started sunday, Doug, Vanessa, Charlie and Charmaine picked us up...leaving, I cried a little. Only because Maddie looked at me with big tears saying "dont leave me, dont leave me". But, she supposedly stopped crying before we pulled out of Harmony! We went to church and then headed to Port Canavaral...pulling up the boat was HUGE! We went on Mariner of the Seas, it was beautiful. Anyway, checking in didnt take as long as I thought it would. We were all hungry, so we went to the buffet, of course, and was amazed by how much food there was! We checked out our room. Kinda neat, kinda small, but we were on the front of the ship, the very side room, so we had a great view! Dinner was at 6 every night. We were in the "Sound of Music" dining room. We had the first table right there when you walked in, but it was fun to see everyone who came through. The dining room was pretty. We were on the top so we could look down at the other 3 dining rooms. Our waiter, Angel, was so funny. He cracked us up every night. And, of course, the food! I didnt know that we could have an appetizer AND soup AND salad AND entree AND dessert! Oh, and we could have more than one of each, and beleive me...we did. It got to the point where Angel would just go ahead and bring out a couple extra entrees and desserts! The first night I had the most amazing shrimp ravioli, along with spinach salad, and this ivory fondu ocer fresh berries. SO GOOD! After dinner, Bryan and I walked around the ship and checked things out. We went to bed early, ready for the next day! In the morning, we found out it was Monday by the floor in the elevator! We had a real rocky night, I thought the boat was going to tip over! Breakfast amazed me! I found out there was a 24 hour cafe to get food! Dont tell me that! Hit the gym after breakfast. It was packed. I had to wait for a treadmill to open. Bryan sat in the hot tub while I worked out. Then we went to the pool. The boat was so rocky that the water kept coming out of the pool! I baked in the sun while the boys explored and played. Had lunch, then we explored the massive boat some more. There was a rock wall, golf, basketball, arcades, Johnny Rockets, Ben & Jerry's,shopping....you name it, it was there! We ended up falling asleep on the upper deck in the sun. OOOPs, I burned a little! Got ready for dinner. It was formal night....felt like I was at prom! It was nice to see Bryan in a suit...never seen that before! Lots of pictures! I had roast duck for dinner, along with lots of other things...then we changed and went to play golf. They were having a karaoke superstar competition, so we watched it, only cause Vanessa was in it! Went to bed at 1ish..kinda late for us! Tuesday, or so the elevators told us, came fast. I actually went to the gym at 6:30. I had ordered breakfast to come to the room, it never came so I went to breakfast with Bryan. We got off the ship early in Labadee...RC's private beach off of Haiti. It was beautiful. We walked around, got some great pics and I ended up getting a raft and just hangning out in the water with Vanessa and Charmaine while the boys went snorkling. The water was kinda gross, so we didnt do that. They had a market there with local Haitians...they hounded you to buy things, so I got the girls a couple of hand made shirts. Dinner was great again...salmon...we went to a show, some comedians, they were good. The one sang a song about his daughter, it made me cry, of course. I went to bed early, then Bryan started getting hooked on the casino! Wednesday was Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I did not know what to expect. We pulled in, and it was beautiful. When we got off the ship, we found a guy who would take us around in his taxi all day wherever we wanted. He took us on a little tour first through Fern Gully. The most amazing place ever. It used to be a river and now its just trees and majestic plants all over. On the side of the roads, there were little stands where locals would sell things. One in particular was "Ready Freddy", a statue of a man with a big you know what stick up...nasty! But everywhere, there was someone wanting you to buy something or give them money for something. We headed to Dunns River Falls...glorious. It was this big rock falls that you climb up, not down. Words and pictures can not describe this place....after that, we shopped around, and got back on the boat. And, just like any other night, had dinner, ate too much...us girls went to a movie, The Devil Wears Prada...it was good...and went to bed! Thursday was Georgetown, Grand Cayman. Did the normal workout, breakfast, got off the ship, saw some "pirates" and we rented scooters. I was terrified at first, but got used to it. Mainly because I thought Bryan was going to kill us! We headed to a beach and did some snorkeling...I felt like I was in FInding Nemo. The fish were beautiful and all around us. It was so much fun! Jumped back on the scooters, toured the island, hit another beach to snorkel, shopped, and got back on the boat! Dinner was formal again...not as many pictures this time, but it was fun. Hit the show, "Pure Energy", all songs from the 80's with the singers and dancers from the ship. Afterwards, went to the cafe for the normal pizza and hot coco, the boys went to the casino while I went to bed. Friday was our last stop. I went to the gym in the morning. Kinda funny...totally full in the begining of the week, empty today! We were in Cozumel. We rented a van and drove the wrong direction to the Mayan Ruins! We thought it was a scenic route, but not so scenic after hurricane Wilma hit them. So, we enjoyed the company as we drove. The ruins were good, not what I expected. The people didnt know a whole lot about them, so we made up our own history! Saw some HUGE iguanas, and then tried to find a good snorkel spot. We ended up shopping! Then went snorkeling...and did the normal nap before dinner. Lobster tails! I think Charlie and Doug downed at least 6 tails each. It was so good. We got our normal hot coco, went to the show which was some lady singer/comdian who stunk. It was really bad. But, we had nothing better to do so we stayed to watch it. Then, hit the casino...we basically spent what we found...I should say Bryan spent what he found. He had his one slot machine that he played and won and lost a lot more. I think it was only about 15$ the whole trip that was spent. I can see how people can lose a lot of money. Saturday was out at sea all day. Did the usual breakfast and gym. No one was there this morning! Then, just was lazy all day. Sat in the sun in the morning. We were going to go rock climbing. I waited for Bryan while the others went, I was real excited to do it since its been a long time...so I waited, Bryan came up without an extra pair of socks...like he knew he was supposed to bring some for me! I got mad, had a little melt-down in the room...I was just tired and really missing the girls. I was at the point where anytime I even saw a little girl, I would cry. So, I let it loose in the room for a while, then I was better! We did the hottub, sat in the sun, it started raining after lunch so I spent the rest of the afternoon napping and just being lazy one last time! Dinner was of course wonderful. Ate way too much. We caught the fairwell variety show, then watched the parade in the promenade, Bryan got pizza one last time...and went to bed. In the morning, I was up and ready to go at 6:30, but had to wait for the others! They were not as excited as I was to leave...so we got out around 8ish and headed home. On the way I realized when I get up in the morning, the floor wont tell me what time it is, my bed will be made by me, dinner will be made by me, not as exciting but at least I knew that Bryan and I were still in love, more than ever. When we got home, Hana and Maddie just gave me a big hug. they were so happy. Chloe was in bed, I went to get her and she cried and wanted nothing to do with me. She still is just wanting daddy when he is here, but I think she is getting used to me. She finally gave me tons of kisses a while ago! So, Bryan and I put the girls to bed last night and stood in the kitchen for a while, hopeing that maybe Angel would pop out and give us some food. Then we thought of calling Doug, Vanessa, Charlie and Charmaine to see what they were doing, but realized, we are all at our homes. It was fun while it lasted. We thank the grandmas who helped out. We really needed this for our sanity, so thanks. Hope you still like our kids! I am really hopeing to try to do this once a year...not go on a cruise, but get out, just the two of us for a little bit. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed reading this. If not, I am not hurt! Pictures will be up soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your kids more than ever!!! Have muscles in places in my body that I never knew existed!!! But the hugs and kisses I got for 5 glorious days make up for each ache and pain in this old body. I now know why you have children when you are young and can still move! When are you going away again? I am free anytime after next week!!!(I need to work for a few days)