"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Monday, October 29, 2007
Its good to live in St Cloud....
What an exciting morning! It started by waking up late to take Hana to school, we got there right as the bell was ringing. Said our "Love you's" and we headed back home. Almost home and a cop came right up behing me...I thought it was trying to pull me over...spead past me, turned around, spead past me again, turned around again....it did this 3 times...I turned down our road (for those of you who are not familiar with it, we live right off the main road in St Cloud) and there were 2 cops blocking it. They would not let me through till I told them they were parked in front of my house....I thought maybe there was a hit and run, I didnt see any other cars, so I didnt think much...till more cops came...and detectives....and then fire trucks....and ambulances....and the BOMB SQUAD! I turned on the news after 2 hours of this....didn't think of doing it earlier because nothing is ever on the news regarding St Cloud...supposedly a bomb was found...or so they said...I looked out the window later and there was nothing. All the cops were gone. Phew! Oh wait...they evacuated the cops down the road a ways...but not me!!! Then I saw these guys in my yard and in the street...(this was taken after they took off the helmets...at least other important places are protected!)

They must have given the "all clear" because then every cop and unmarked car was in the road again...
There were more after this...I think I counted 20 vehicles in all (including the bomb truck...not including the news cameras.)
I saw the news again...I guess someone planted a fake bomb on a gas line across from my house...it had a timer on it and everything! They cant figure out why someone would do that....hmmmm....neither could I till I left to take Maddie to school at noon...cops everywhere around the school....bank taped off....school on lock down....someone robbed the bank and got away...right next to the girls school!!! Could they have been the ones placing a fake bomb? Maybe they were trying to get the cops all in one place....so, now we are at home, watching the newsmen trying to figure this out...because they are the real detectives here!!! Meanwhile, Maddie is sad that she cant go to school and Hana is stuck in class...no lunch...no recess...no PE...wonder if I can pick her up??? I keep calling and they are still shut down....my my my.....such excitement!!! At least Hana likes school...she wont be upset to stay longer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
heard all about it... i was gone most of the morning. but the boys sure had fun talking about who the "bomber" and "robbers" were and where they were hiding!
That is crazy! Are you sure you didn't have anything to do with it?!! Glad is was a false alarm!
Post a Comment