Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So proud

Hana came home yesterday with a report of a test she took last week. They test the kids for literacy placement, and they will do it at the end of the year to see how much they have improved during the school year. So, I dont know what they expect for a 5 year old, but Hana's report said that in all areas, letter recognition, letter sounds, word recognition...she scored way above what they expect at this time! This is a big deal for me because, first, she never went to preschool...and, I am not one of those moms who sit at home and try to teach the kids how to read or letters or anything. I read to them every day, but as far as pushing them to learn before school, I never did that. I figure, they go to school long enough and they will learn it eventually. Hana was basically self taught. She learned how to write her name when she was 2 by just copying me. She sees something and takes it in so fast!!! Maddie on the other hand, still has problems with her name. But, she is in preschool and will learn eventually. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how proud of Hana I was!!! Then she came home and read 3 books to me last night!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hana! I didn't help Abi at all and she was just the same. I think it has something to do w/ birth order. First born girls seem to be more self-motivated and early, etc. Makes it tough for the ones to follow, hu?