Friday, August 15, 2008

This is blog-worthy

12 weeks ago I was so graceful and slipped and fell at the grocery store. 12 weeks. Enough time for the girls to have thier last days of school, and the hot summer to slowly creep by with a nasty hot cast on my hand. And, it would only be fitting that a few days before school starts back up...I get it off. Thats right. The cast finally came off. And I didnt get a new one put on. We have had blue, pink and finally, the last one was green. And, now, I have my hand back!!!! It is still sore, but what do you expect after not moving it for so long...and I have a MAJOR tan line!!!
We had to take a final picture...
Mom, cutting off my cast....The girls thought it was too loud...
And, no, I dont have any pictures of it after the cast came off. It looks so much better now, but it was scary to look at then. Chloe made me put something over my hand so she didnt have to look at it. The girls said it looked like a monkey. The hair on my arm grew for some reason, and dark. It was so gross. And the skin...well, I will save the details. All I know is that I am happy to get it back and moving. It is taking time to get used to it...I feel like I am left handed now. So, moral of the story...when you shop at Publix, make sure you watch for puddles....but they sure have made shopping a pleasure for me since then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I missed something, but I'm dying to know what Publix did to make shopping a pleasure for you... please tell!