Saturday, September 06, 2008

Just another day....

Living here, there are lots of animals all around us, thanks to the Munns. So, I constantly have people coming to our door for different reasons. One day, a lady came running up and said "you know your big black animal that is out there?" "Oh, you mean the WATER buffalo?" "Yeah. I think he may be in trouble. I just saw him walk down to the lake and he went under water! Do you think he is ok?" "Yes, mam, he is a WATER buffalo. That is what they do."
Well, one day a couple weeks ago, I was leaving to go take Chloe swimming, when a truck pulled in our driveway. A man jumped out and said he saw the water buffalo and the longhorn fighting and now the longhorn was running down Pine Grove Rd towards 192 and there was no one out there except a little mexican man trying to chase him. So, I drove out and sure enough, poor Jorge was trying to coax Big Red with a bag of food. It wasnt working. I got Bryan out there, Daniel came, and a few neighbors and I chased him with the car. He ended up going into some peoples back yards...
He headed down Pine Grove rd....and the guys would try and get him while I blocked him off with my car. It took a while, lots of traffic, some close calls with a few trucks, but they finally got him back to the pen.
Chloe thought it was funny!
Never a dull moment, I tell you!

No comments: