My grandfather had been sick for a while. But recently, it had gotten worse and he was diagnosed with leukemia. It took over fast and within a couple of weeks, he passed. He knew it was his time and he was at peace. He was able to have all of his 5 girls together to say goodbye and he had led a wonderful life. So, we made the trip up to Wheaton, Il for the services. The whole family was able to make it...all the cousins and spouses and great-grandchildren were there. Some of us, including myself, had the opportunity to speak at the funeral and share some of grandpa's favorite scriptures.
As sad of a time as it was, it was good to see the family. The kids had a great time with thier cousins, my sisters children. I was able to spend some good time with my sister, who lives on the complete opposite side of the country, Washington.
We went to a favorite spot growing up in Wheaton...Cosley Park!
Lisa's kids and my girls
The kids decided to have a "sleepover" in the living room one night. I was surprised that they were all asleep by 10pm!
All of the cousins, spouses, and great grandchildren, with grandma

Thinking about fhe plane ride home made me nervous. I flew alone with the kids on the way up, and the way back home, I was alone with them as well. I thought they would be horrid, but they were so good! They listened to music and didn't fight at all!!!!
We went to a favorite spot growing up in Wheaton...Cosley Park!
Lisa's kids and my girls
The kids decided to have a "sleepover" in the living room one night. I was surprised that they were all asleep by 10pm!
All of the cousins, spouses, and great grandchildren, with grandma

Thinking about fhe plane ride home made me nervous. I flew alone with the kids on the way up, and the way back home, I was alone with them as well. I thought they would be horrid, but they were so good! They listened to music and didn't fight at all!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment