Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanksgiving and Hana's birthday

The girls both had Thanksgiving Feasts at school this year. They were on the same day, but instead of lunch, Maddison had a break-feast, which was a nice change. I went to her class first, ate, listened to them sing and then headed right on over to Hana's class. They had a cute little play that they did along with songs. And then we ate again!!
Thanksgiving day was interesting. I knew that the flu had been going around school and I always dread this time of year because of it. Thanksgiving morning, Bryan's family came in and we drove up to Longwood to have dinner at the Marriott with his grandparents and the rest of his family. The whole morning, Hana kept saying her tummy hurt. I kept asking if it felt like she was going to throw up, but no, it just hurt. We drove almost an hour, got to the hotel, stepped out of the car, and she threw up all over the parking lot. I felt so bad for her. So, the rest of the family went in to eat while Hana and I sat in the car for the next 2 hours. She was fine until the drive home, where we had to stop several times for her. Poor thing.
Friday was Hana's birthday, so along with Bryan's parents at our house, my mom and her husband Mike came for the day. We fixed our typical Thanksgiving dishes, Hana felt better, and it ended up being a great day!
Until Sunday came along and everyone in the house, and those who had come to visit on Friday, were sick with the stomach flu. Ooops!

No comments: