Friday, May 29, 2009

Disney

Back in April, my sneaky husband was making plans to surprise the family and take us to Disney. Meanwhile, he didn't know that I was making plans for a baby shower for a friend, at our house...the same weekend. Luckily, he told me a few days in advance of his plans, so that I could work around mine! We ended up taking the girls out of school to go swim at one of the pools that Bryan had been working on (or, this is what we told them). We went to Animal Kingdom lodge, ended up getting there late, and only swam for a little while. Afterwards, we told them that since it was so late, we would just stay there. They were so excited! Our room ended up being beautiful. It was a vacation club room...so it had a full kitchen, living room, extra bedroom, and a bathroom with the most luxurious jacuzzi! In the morning, I left early to come home and host a baby shower here (I ended up leaving before it was over), while Bryan took the girls to Animal Kingdom. I met up with them after lunch and we went to Magic Kingdom. They had so much fun. It was Chloe's first time, so she loved it. We were able to go on almost all of the rides. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures. I always get caught up in the moment and forget to get out my camera...but here are a few. Thanks again to my wonderful husband for allowing us to get away for a few days...even if it was just down the road! Outside of the lodge, they have all sorts of animals. The girls kept saying "Those are Watussi...we have those in our back yard" Not too exciting for them when they see them every day!! Breakfast of champs...pop-tarts!Early morning, looking out the balcony...The only ride we have a picture of! They got so terrified on Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion...but at the end of the day, they told us those were their favorites!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the DVC rooms??? That is what we are getting when we come...a 2 bedroom with savannah view! Do you guys go to the Halloween party at all? We bought our ticks today! You should come!!!!!!