Saturday, May 27, 2006

Today turned out to be a great day. We had a church picnic out at the ranch. It was your typical picnic with tire swings, burgers and hot dogs, softball game and the lake jumping. There was a lake there with trees hanging out over the water for kids, not mine, to climb up and jump off of. Our friends brought their boat and everyone took turns going out on it. When it came our turn, Bryan and Chloe stayed in the boat and the girls and I went on this raft thing. It is like a tube in the sense that it is inflated and is pulled by the boat but it is a huge raft...it can fit 4 adults, and its so much fun. They didnt pull it too fast, but fast enough for the girls to get a kick out of it. Then Bryan and some others went wakeboarding while we rode in the boat. It reminded me of being in Wisconsin at the lake...I loved it and miss it. By the time we were done, everyone had left and it was time to go home. Everyone crashed and is in bed now, but me! Nice and quiet! I hope everyone who is reading this is having a great weekend as well. Tomorrow is church and then Monday we have a pool party and will be busy finishing painting the house. Only 6 weeks!!!! Cant wait!

2 comments:

Linnea said...

Yep, that was me! Dont forget the head injury too!! In fact, that is all I could think of when I first went out. If we end up getting a boat, I will make sure to tell the girls not to sit with their knees up!

Linnea said...

I remember that (cringe)...the sound of my head hitting the ground...waking up on the couch...dont worry, I dont have very many lasting effects from that. Could that be the cause of all my horrific headaches?? Just kidding...well, sort of!! Hey, you brought it up.