"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Friday, November 17, 2006
frustrated...
My first two kids I am finding out were a little out of the ordinary, developement wise. The fact that Hana said "trick or treat" when she was 11 months old and counted to 3 before her 1st birthday I guess is not normal!!! So, when Chloe didnt start talking at 1, it worried me. Everyone told me to wait, she is fine and she will talk. Well, 18 months and all she sais is "uh oh" and "Bubba" started to worry me. I know she can hear because I will tell her to do something in detail and she will do it. I have a friend who has a boy who is 3 with the same problems. Everyone told her to wait, it will come. He never started talking. So, he is in therapy once a week to work on his speech. She told me her only regret was not doing it earlier. I told the pediatrician and she gave me a number to call. I guess in the state of Florida, there is a early developement program that helps kids out from ages 1-5. They do a bunch of tests to find out what areas need to be worked on. I guess it wont hurt to call and find out. If insurance doesnt cover it, the state will, so I have nothing to lose. I just think maybe I am worrying too much, but like I said, nothing to lose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you are so wise not to wait. Get help early so she can catch up. Because of the overwhelming amount of children with developmental problems, the standards for "norm" are too low, IMHO. I kept hearing to "wait and see...boys are slower" from countless docs. I finally trusted my "mommy gut" and went and got help on my own and he started making progress. I am sure she will be fine but get her all the help you can early. I know some amazing docs in FL who are working with children with developmental problems if you need them down the road. They do have a looong wait list though. If you ever want to chat, please feel free to call me.
Post a Comment