"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Turkey Day
Lots of food was made and eaten today! It was just the 5 of us and Matthew so I just made a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey, a ham that turned out to be too large, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn pudding, home-made cran sauce, moms sweet potato casserole, and I think that is it. Oh, pecan pie and pumpkin cheesecake, both of which are still sitting in the fridge, untouched! After eating and resting for a while, we took Bubba to the dog park. It was good for him to run around plus they have a playground there for the kids so they got to put their energy to good use! The rest of the day, we just played and hung out.
Now, to the real reason for this holiday...with all our days filled with what we need, want, dont have, dont look like...its nice to have one day that is focused on what we do have and what we can be thankful for...for me, my family. I know I complain a lot about the girls and the house and how hard it is with Bryan working so much, I am blessed to have kids, to have a house, and to have a husband who is able to work. We should have more days like this, to focus on our blessings.
I hope everyone had a good day too and hopefully you all have many blessing to be able to count. Christmas is just around the corner now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment