"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
And Time Goes By So Slowly.....
13 hours in the car...what a long trip. But it was all worth it!
We drove up to W. Virginia early Friday morning and got there 4pm. We went straight to dinner. I am blessed to have a family that grew up close with each other (my mom has 4 sisters) and a Grandfather that loves us all enough to get us all together. We realized that this has not happened for 10 years and probably wont happen again. At least when it does, some of us will not be around for it. So, we all got together at the Greenbrier. If you have not heard of it, it is amazing. It is in WV and has so much history...from being a hospital during WWI to having its own bunker/bomb shelter below....the decorating in this place is huge too. Grand majestic doorways, bold colors, stripes, flowers, granite, words cannot describe it. The place is so huge, yet every dining room and sitting room was done differently. One room at breakfast was purple and the girls thought it was so cool. Plus, everywhere you look are huge chandeliers!
So, dinner was amazing, then we went to bed, since we were so tired. Breakfast in the morning, amazing again...the boys went to play golf, while we went to the famous sulpher springs...it supposedly has healing powers to it. Then we took the kids swimming (When I say we, I mean my sister and I. She and I are the only ones in the family who has kids and she lives in WA and we hardly see each other). The pool was amazing as well. Big pillars, tile all around it...the girls took a nap afterwards while I got ready for dinner. Bryan came back, and I took the girls to meet my sister and her daughter, Stella, for a tea party. Every day at the hotel, they have a Tea Party, so we partook of the tea and tea cakes! Hana and Maddison thought they were so grown up!
Dinner that evening was a private one, so that we as a family of 28 could enjoy each other. We had a big family picture taken, and one of the 5 of us! Everyone laughed and cried! And the food was amazing, as well.
Sunday we drove to my Dad's cabin, Angel's View, and saw my grandmother. The girls had a blast at dads...between the cold weather and being able to wear hats and scarves, to walking in the leaves, to playing in the "nest" to seeing Hana on the wall.....it was great. His place is on top of a mountain looking over the valley...takes your breath away. So, it was well worth the trip, even though it was short. I took tons of pictures, so I hope everyone enjoys them!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment