"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Monday, November 05, 2007
Christmas wish list....
I have become a little obsessed this past year with aprons. It brings a kind of nostalgia back....remembering the years past of baking with Grandma's in the the kitchen....I sometimes feel like if I wear a cute little apron in the kitchen while baking, my finished product will turn out better. Not sure if it really does, but I like to think that. I have come across many websites with vintage aprons, some that have monthly contests for homemade aprons. I love to just browse these and get ideas. Some day I will be ambitous enough to make my own. It wouldnt be that hard. I just have a hard time actually starting a project like that. It takes too many steps...the first of which is the hardest...going to the store to get material! So, I have just purchased all of mine. On that note, there are a few of which I am in love with that I have yet to purchase for myself. I keep thinking if I do it, my baking will improve. Want to help improve my baking? Trying to figure out a good Christmas gift? My wish this year is from one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie. They have the best aprons! I have a top 10, but will narrow it to 2...maybe 3! My top 1 is the "Bowl of Cherries Half apron"...I think I love this the most because it comes with a matching childrens one. How much fun would that be to have matching aprons with Hana in the kitchen???!!! I think next would be the 3-D Toile apron...very classy! And, if I had to choose #3, it would possibly be the Meyers apron...I love them all! Check them out at Anthropologie. The other thing I am in love with is Purl. If I had an extra couple hundred dollars, I would spend it here. They have a huge collection of vintage fabric that is to die for!! I could become crazy apron making lady with it!!! Once again, another fun thing to check out if you have extra time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are too cute Nea...your daughters are lucky to have such a cute mommy! :)
Post a Comment