Monday, February 25, 2008

The week of the injured

Last week must have been the week for injuries. Starting with Sam (our friend who was burned in a fire). Then my kids must have been aching for attention because they all started getting hurt. Chloe never lets me know if she is hurt. She has a high tolerance for pain and if she gets hurt, she wont cry about it. Well, Thursday evening, she kept telling me her foot hurt. I finally asked what was wrong and she told me she fell off Hana's bed. I guess she was trying to come down the ladder and fell and hurt herself. After an hour or so of her telling me it hurt, and her limping around, I decided to look at it. Her ankle was huge and bruised. So, I gave her motrin and laid her in bed with the Herbie pack from the freezer. She was fine the next day. Here she is trying her best to look pathetic.
Maddison I guess wanted attention too so she fell and hit her head on the side of the bed. I knew as soon as it happened with her. I was in the kitchen and heard a scream that only comes out when something is really wrong. Sure enough, her eye swelled up and turned colors. Today on her way to school I was noticing that it was yellow and green! She too wanted the herbie pack and a picture taken of her face! This picture was taken just minutes after it happened. It looks a lot better here than it did later that night. At least she is smiling, right?
I got a call from the school nurse today. Hana fell and hit her head on the playground. She was in the nurses office. She told me there were no bumps or bruises. It wasnt a bad fall, but she would check on her later today and let me know if there is a problem.
Just another week in the life of the Melicks!

No comments: