Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where does she get it from?

Hana came home from school the other day telling me she was going to be on the morning announcements that is broadcasted through the school on all the tvs. She made the "popcorn club". They have what is called sight words. Just beginner words that they learn to recognize, like run, cat, blue...and we work on them all the time. I guess not every parent does this so when she was tested for it, she was one of only 7 kids (21 in her class) that knew all of the words! I was so proud of her. So, she got to go on the announcements and say her name and how many words she knew (51). She got home and said "I did it and I dint even cry" which is a big deal for a girl who wont even say hi or tell someone her name if she does not know them. We worked on her words again last night, and she knew a lot more. She is now reading from not the 1st list or the 2nd list, but the 3rd, which is what 1st graders are working on. I am one proud momma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO proud of you Hana!!!!!! How exciting!

Love the new look by the way! ;)