Ahhh, my baby girl is 5 today. She is our little miracle. With a rough start to her precious life, Heavenly Father taught us a lot about trust and faith. She was born 4 weeks early. She was so tiny. Only 6 lbs! It was 2 weeks later that we found out her plates in her head were overlapping and her soft spot was closing. The doctor told us that sometimes it corrects itself, sometimes not and then surgery is required to seperate the bones. We had been blessed with living by a therapist who corrected these things. After 6 months of therapy, she had a perfectly round head, and CT scans showed a soft spot! (it wasnt until later that I found out, if we had waited, it would have been too late to correct it, which is what most people do, and by then, the babies faces are so deformed, they will never be the same.)
Here is our little peanut!

At 6 weeks in the hospital with pnemonia. My first witness of a priesthood blessing. I remember after the "Amen" she opened her eyes and smiled for the first time in 5 days.



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Maddie! Have lots of fun at lunch! Miss you but can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
I can't believe how much she looks like Chloe when she was younger! Adorable!
Five years has flown by---how I remember those first 6 months---I often wondered if moving to FLorida was the right thing to do, and then little Maddie was born and I had no doubt in my mind---the tears, the prayers and finally the laughter. I Love You Maddie Rosie Posie
Happy Birthday Maddie!! PTL!! I remember talking to your mom during those days...because of what you went through with Maddie, we were introduced to CST. She is so beautiful and growing up so fast!
Post a Comment