Sunday, May 11, 2008

Where to begin

It has been a long week/weekend. It started with a phone call Tuesday. Bryan's grandpa (Papa) had a series of strokes/heart attacks a while back and passed away Tuesday. It was a blessing, but still sad. So, we started planning our trip up to Crestview, Fl for the services. When I told the girls, they were sad, but then reminded me that we were going to miss out Tea Parties. Both of their classes planned Mother's Day Tea Parties and perfomances for the moms. It was Friday. The girls had talked about it for weeks. So, they were pretty disappointed that we were not going to make it. Instead, they brought home cakes that they decorated for me and bags full of goodies... scrapbook pages, crafts, pictures. Then they took turns singing the songs to me that they had practiced. I cried. Of course. Friday, I woke up at 3am (after going to sleep for 2 hours) while Bryan made his way home from work. We left the house at 4:30 to make the 6 hour drive. Friday afternoon was the funeral. It was harder than I thought it would be. He looked so good, though. The girls all went and said goodbye to him. They were so good. Saturday, we spent the day out in Destin....going to the beach, go-carts, lunch. (I will post pictures later). And, today, we spent the day driving home. Mothers Day came and left without a "Happy Mothers Day" from my girls....oh well. Wait, Hana did tell me because she heard me tell Bryan's mom Happy mothers day...whatever. Just another day, right? So, that was our week in a nutshell...Tomorrow night, the girls and I are having a little tea party and eating the cake that they made for me (it has been in the freezer). Then, only 1 more week till Maddison's birthday!

No comments: