Monday, May 19, 2008

Lost and Found

I called Animal control about Bubba on Wednesday. They said they didnt have him, but took my name and number and would call if he came in. Friday, I got the call that they had him and I needed to come in and ID him. I was happy that he was not dead on the side of the road, but kinda disappointed...wondering what I am going to do now that we are moving....where is he going to go? Anyway, we went Saturday and sure enough, he was in doggy jail, trying not to get too happy to see us since he knew he was in big trouble. Supposedly, Wednesday morning, a man saw him cross traffic on 192 and picked him up down the road on Pine Grove because he didnt want him to get hit by a car, and then took him to Animal Control (for those of you who dont know, it was in front of our house. Nice.) They had to give him shots so I was able to pick him up this afternoon. He is sad. He knows he is in trouble, so he is on his BEST behavior. We will see how long this lasts! On another note.... a couple years ago we had a Bloodhound, Red. We had to get rid of him for many reasons...mainly because our neighbors really didnt like his howl and threatened us way to much. It just was not worth the hassle. We found a local cop and wife who rescued dogs. They took him and promised to keep real good care of him. And, if for ANY reason they had to get rid of him, they would call us. I found out that they got rid of him and I looked for him everywhere last year. No luck. Well, when I was out looking for Bubba the other day, I went to a house down the street from us. I saw a girl out with some dogs, so I stopped to see if she had seen him. All of a sudden, I heard a familiar howl and she said "Red, no". "Red? No, this isnt Red? Are you serious?" she looked at me like I was crazy. I told her my story. Sure enough. It was our beloved Red. (the girls talk about him still at least once a week, how much they miss him). The man asked me if he bit when we had him. NEVER. He was the most gentle dog. Come to find out, when they got him, he was battered and hungry, and the cop admitted to almost shooting him. He bit anyone who came in contact with him. He is better now, but harsh towards strangers. I let the girls come up to see him and he was as calm as could be. They were so happy to see him, and to know that he has been living practically across the street from us all this time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found Bubba. That is so sad about Red. When/where are you moving?