Thursday, July 03, 2008

Lots of food, and pictures

So, when my moms family gets together, it seems like the big thing to do is eat, and take pictures, and there was lots of both!!!
Friday night, we went to Chicago Golf Club, a place I frequented as a child growing up. It was fun to bring my chidren back! We had a delicious dinner...filet and lobster! My mom has 4 sisters, and they were all there with thier families. The only ones missing over the weekend was Bryan and my sister and her family. (we missed all of you)
Mom and her husband, Mike Hana and Maddison and Uncle Monkey (Mike) My cousin, Cindy An attempt at a self portrait!
Rachel and SarahUncle GaryHey, Lisa, do you remember sitting in this same spot waiting for all the adults to come down?? Looks a little familiar!!
Saturday, the girls went swimming at the club. The water was freezing and I was glad to have an excuse not to get in! Thanks to aunt Beth, Cindy, Karl, and Aunt Carol for being great sports with my kids in the pool!
After swimming, we headed back to our cottage at the club and watched the hail storm, then went to dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's. Along with the family, my grandma invited a few of my grandpa's friends. A tradition in our family is to eat dinner, then sit around the dinner table for 3 hours talking, and drinking 6 pots of coffee! I was able to sit and talk for most of the time, thanks to my cousins who played with my children. A first for me in a long time!!!!
Chloe was unhappy, go figure, so I was making an attempt to cheer her up. Didnt work.
Sunday, I was able to go see my cousin (on my dads side), and her daughter, Taylor.
Then, again, lunch at the club, along with a slew of pictures.
My mom (first one standing), her sisters and parents
Maddison and her great-grandpaAn un-eventful (thankfully) ride home. They got to watch "Horton Hears a Who"!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Anonymous said...

So many memories came flooding back as I viewed the pics. It is always good to see/hear from your family. I even remember waiting on those steps at the club. Is the food still as good as it was? The girls look so nice in their matching dresses - I would be afraid to dress mine in white!! I can't wait to see Taylor, she looks like she has grown a lot!!