"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Refreshed
Thanks to my wonderful mom, and dad, I was able to get away for a couple days to relax for my birthday. I left Thursday, mom took the kids, and I headed to Melbourne. There is a B&B there that mom set me up with. Thurs night, I went to my friend Shelly's house where she spent almost 7 hours on my hair. Incredible work. She worked hard and long to color and then put in hundreds of highlights! Now, I am blonde again!!
Friday, I got up, took a bath with no interruptions!! Breakfast was brought to my room. I then set out for the beach. Not for long. The sand was real uncomfortable in the cast. So, I spent the rest of the day reading by the pool. In the late afternoon, Dad set me up with a spa, so I went and got a Butter Wrap....exfoliated and honey buttered and then wrapped like a burrito for 45 minutes!!! Heaven. The spa was amazing.
Bryan came in that evening and took me to dinner and stayed till morning. I just read by the pool some more and then went antique shopping. It was perfect. I would have loved to stay longer, but it was just enough time for me to relax. Thanks so much mom, and dad, for this!!! What a way to bring in my last year in my 20's!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad I could do this for you!!! Of course, I also got a huge bonus from the weekend---I got to spend wonderful time with three of my grandchildren!!! Lots of hugs and loves!!!!! And after spending 2 1/2 days with them, I realize you need this once a month!! Start saving your pennies!!!
LINNEA!!!! I have been DYING to go back blond but I don't have the time or money for the up keep. You look amazing...can't wait to see it in person...we will be there in 11 days!!!!
That sounds wonderful! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment