Monday, February 12, 2007

Maddison has been sleeping in our bed since she got out of the hospital when she was 5 weeks old. She goes through spurts where she will sleep in her room, all night, without getting up. It usually lasts for a week. Then, its back into our room in the middle of the night. And when she is in our bed, its not like she just sleeps in between us. She has to have my arm around her and cuddled as close as possible. I always just related it to the fact that she loves to cuddle. Last night she started it up again. I put her to bed and she wants me in her room. I told her I would stay for a few minutes and then come back later when Bubba is in his bed. I sat next to her and she said she wanted me in her bed. I told her i was too big for her bed to which she replied "Then I cant feel you" "What do you mean you cant feel me?" "When I sleep, I have to feel you, or else I cant sleep" So, I put my arm around her, she grabbed my hand, put it under her face with her hand for a few minutes. Then she told me "You can put your arm wherever you want, as long as I can feel you" So sweet! I left a few minutes later, thinking she was asleep, and went to do some laundry. I heard some little footsteps, and she was in my room. I asked what the problem was and she said she couldnt feel me anymore! I went back into her room, and was with her and asked why she had to feel me when she slept. She told me "Because I love you so much" Melts a mothers heart. That is why I am a mom! Chloe is starting to talk a little more. Just a few words here and there. She said baby today, mama is her new word...she says it way too much!! I am still worried that she is behind in her speaking. She does babble a lot! She has her own little language and will come tell a story and you do not know a single word she says...and she will tell her sisters off! Hana is just growing fast. She loves going to church and going to primary. She loves her teacher there. When we get in the car to go home, she is always telling me scripture stories and what she learned. In our church, when you turn 8, you get baptized. Only because they feel that 8 is the age when they feel the kids are old enough to understand the meaning of it fully. So, Hana turned to me the other day and said "I cant wait till I turn 8. I get to be bathtized and then I am clean of the bad things I did and I can be like Jesus. He was bathtized" She is always surprising me with the knowledge that she has, and she isnt even in school yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember those little words of Maddie's when you are so tired and wonder if she will ever sleep on her own. Just Grandma gave me the best advice I ever heard, just when I wondered if I would ever sleep through the night, she told me, love your little girls, let them sleep with you if they want, when they are 16, they will not be sleeping with you! I guarantee, when they are 16, you will wonder where the time went.