Monday, February 05, 2007

Thanks for all the prayers. We made it through the tornados. The worst of it was about 1 hour north of us, but there were a couple just a few miles from us. We had lots of warnings, severe storms, but none hit us. Bryan had the opportunity to go with 500 other members of the church to help out on Saturday. They said they were the biggest church group, and only really, there. They felt like they didnt do a whole lot in comparison to the amount of destruction, but I know that just being willing to help made the people feel good. They cleaned up homes and helped elderly look through the rubble for salvageable items. He said it was real sad to be there among the distruction....worse than what it shows on the tv. He was also able to fill up trucks from our church with over $40,000 worth of food for the people, and tonight, more trucks will be filled from the storehouse here. He told me saturday morning that he didnt want to go. He was looking forward to spending the day with the family. I told him to go, cause if it was me, I would want someones husband helping me out. News at home, we are moving, even though Bryan has not talked to our landlord to get out of our lease. We have 2 1/2 weeks. I have a feeling that he is going to tell me after I have packed that we will wait till the end of March! Anyway, yes, moving again. We found a home that is a little smaller, but on 5 acres, much better than the 1/5th we are on now! We will stay there till Bryan can build a home for us. We may end up building on this land. We will see. I am just ready to have no stairs again and to have the dog outside!! The girls all woke up yesterday with colds. Hopefully it wont last long. Maddie gets so sick. Last night she was up crying because her nose was stuffy, which makes it worse, and when she cries hard enough, she always throws up. So, midnight, I am giving her a bath...she didnt sleep well. I went to the store and got her some new medicine so hopefully tonight will be better! Thanks again to every prayer! Sorry about the loss last night!! I fell asleep after the 3rd quarter...it was hopeless!

No comments: