I always wanted a little old farmhouse to fix up. Be careful what you wish for! We got it alright. The new house is cute and has potential...which is just a nice way of saying its a dump! We have 2 weeks before we move in and a lot of work to do. For starters, I took some before photos and will share after when the time comes. Here is a preview...this is the horrid bathroom that I told you about, Dad...love the colors! The photo actually looks good. But, in real life, the tile is all moldy and falling out, the floor is brown and gross, the walls are 3 different colors, the crown molding looks like it has been up there and not painted for 20 years. As far as the other bathroom, the shower is mustard color and the walls are seafoam...tell me when that went together. The master bed is decent, same with the living room. The kitchen has its original cabinets, and who knows when those were put in. I thought I would take out the shelf liner and put in new stuff...I started to peel it out and found 6 layers of it...all the way to some that had to be from the 60's. Hana and Maddie's bedroom was alright...a tan color, with holes and dents all over the walls. I painted 2 walls Chocolate today and later will go back and do the other 2 a light pink. Chloes room is a pinkish lavender with butterflies painted all over. It was cute, but so worn out, it needs to be painted. We did under the chair rail the same chocolate that was done in the other room and are going to pick another color for the top. There is so much more to be done, little by little. Our funds for this are limited each month, so we will do one room at a time. We are renting with the intention to buy in a few years and possibly add on to it. The owner said he would gut it and redo everything. Bryan would rather do it himself. He doesnt want to try to buy it in a year or so and have the man say, well, I did put $50,000 into it....instead, maybe he will see the work Bryan did and take off the price...plus, he wants it done his way!!! More pictures to come!!!
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Preview
I always wanted a little old farmhouse to fix up. Be careful what you wish for! We got it alright. The new house is cute and has potential...which is just a nice way of saying its a dump! We have 2 weeks before we move in and a lot of work to do. For starters, I took some before photos and will share after when the time comes. Here is a preview...this is the horrid bathroom that I told you about, Dad...love the colors! The photo actually looks good. But, in real life, the tile is all moldy and falling out, the floor is brown and gross, the walls are 3 different colors, the crown molding looks like it has been up there and not painted for 20 years. As far as the other bathroom, the shower is mustard color and the walls are seafoam...tell me when that went together. The master bed is decent, same with the living room. The kitchen has its original cabinets, and who knows when those were put in. I thought I would take out the shelf liner and put in new stuff...I started to peel it out and found 6 layers of it...all the way to some that had to be from the 60's. Hana and Maddie's bedroom was alright...a tan color, with holes and dents all over the walls. I painted 2 walls Chocolate today and later will go back and do the other 2 a light pink. Chloes room is a pinkish lavender with butterflies painted all over. It was cute, but so worn out, it needs to be painted. We did under the chair rail the same chocolate that was done in the other room and are going to pick another color for the top. There is so much more to be done, little by little. Our funds for this are limited each month, so we will do one room at a time. We are renting with the intention to buy in a few years and possibly add on to it. The owner said he would gut it and redo everything. Bryan would rather do it himself. He doesnt want to try to buy it in a year or so and have the man say, well, I did put $50,000 into it....instead, maybe he will see the work Bryan did and take off the price...plus, he wants it done his way!!! More pictures to come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
can not wait to see it!!! Oh, to be young and so ambitious!!! me, I would tell the owner to do it all!!!
Post a Comment