Wednesday, April 23, 2008

critters

Our pest control came yesterday to determine what exactly is in our attic. It really annoys me. I hear constant scratching in the middle of the night and strange noises. Good news, it is not rats. I dont know if I could go on living here knowing there are rats above me. No raccoon either. The pest? Squirrels. There are hundreds of acorns up there that they are playing with and storing for food. Some sticky rat traps were set and they will be removed with whatever has set foot in them at the end of the week, but we are sure it is squirrels. I heard that moth balls will take care of that...anyone know?
In other news, we have another critter outside our front door. I noticed this guy when Dad left at 5am Sunday morning. This sucker was huge!By 6, it was gone. No web. Nothing.
Next morning...it was back. Gone in another hour. Finally, the next morning, I so carefully caught it in a jar and gave it to my bug man (the pest control guy). He was curious as to what it was so he took it to the office to inspect it with his boss. I am curious now too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such exciting things go on at your house!!! lots of great animal stories I am sure the girls will love to remember some day. Why don't you encourage your sis to update her page more than once a year, so we can also see her children grow!! Love to "hear" about yours and"see" them on here.