My grandparents are good friends with the head concierge of the resort. This year, she had my room stocked with the best frest fruit, cheeses, and lots of toys and coloring books for the girls. Ms. Barbara knows how to make me smile! Arent these beautiful??
"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend." -Robert Louis Stevenson
Monday, April 07, 2008
Spoiled (a long post with LOTS of pictures)
I didnt realize till just a few years ago how spoiled I really was. It all started 24 years ago when I was in kindergarden and for spring break, my entire family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, went to Sarasota. Little did I know that one little trip would start a great family traditon. Every year since, the family has gotten together, my mother and her 4 sisters and everyones family, in Sarasota at the wonderful Longboat Key Club. Now, why am I spoiled? My generous grandfather pays for it all....for everyone. No big deal. Till I got older and realized that not everyone does this. We get to stay in a luxurious resort, have lunch by the pool, relax on the beach every day, and go out to dinner every night. And, this is no McD's...no, grandpa wont settle for less the best 5 course meals that you can find on the Island. And, most of the time, we do have 4-5 courses. So, that is what I did last week, again. My wonderful grandfather treated the girls and Bryan and I, and the rest of the family, to a wonderful vacation, full of sand, sun, swimming, and lots of glorious food. There are lots of pictures, and I missed a lot of photo ops. Maddison learned to swim under water....she can hold her breath a long time! Hana learned to swim with no swimmies. I just loved the fact that I didnt have to cook for a whole week!!!
Maddison all ready to go swimming!
Our first morning, looking out our window at the beach and pool.

Chloe loved to just lay in the cabana every morning.
And this was her spot every afternoon to take a nap.
Dinner one night at Harry's (the best strawberry salmon you will EVER find) This is my mom and her husband, Mike. The girls call him Uncle Monkey.
My Grandpa and one of my mothers sisters, Jane.
Chloe looked at this picture after I took it and told me I had to take it again since she had ketchup on her face. I liked this one better!
Every year, it is a tradition to find holes in the sand and dig up the sand crabs. We know what we are going to find every time, it is no surprise that down deep, the crab is hiding from us. But, every time, uncle Ken has the same reaction...his deep laugh...that howl...it is hard to explain it, but if you know him, you know what I am talking about. I think now, we just dig them up to hear him laugh!!
Here is the little sucker we caught this year!
The rest of the time was just spent playing in the sand and having fun!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm green right now...and not because I just ran with Kara and Asm, but with envy!
that is so funny... be for this page uploaded i was trying to think what i was going to write.... and that was going to be... My blood runs green... with envy! HA Erika we must be sisters! Linnea i am truely jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so that was supposed to be sam not asm...can you tell I don't check spelling?!
not spoiled, just loved lots!!!! okay, yes spoiled, but not brats---you were hana's age the first time you went to LBK---seems like yesterday to me! and i love the fact that your girls love it as much as you did and still do!
Gramma Nutsy
I am green too!! I remember your trips to LBK - you lucky girl! Your mom looks the same! When you were describing Ken's laugh, I could totally "hear" it! Thanks for all the great pics. Glad you had such a good time.
Yeah, it's been 12 years, but I can hear it too :)
Post a Comment